Thursday, May 28, 2009

Off and Running...

Hi all, Im Josh and this is Drawing From Music. A music site based out of Chicago focused on uncovering the thought and inspirations of the many bands I enjoy and listen to. It will include new and upcoming bands that I stumble upon; as well as my personal thoughts on the albums I'm purchasing. I will attempt to exhibit the creative influence music has on me personally, as I consider it one of my main lifelines. My plan is to spotlight bands, review shows, albums while including original artwork with every entry. As summer begins and I prepare for Pitchfork and Lollapalooza. I hope to highlight the bands I'm looking forward to seeing in Chicago. In the coming days expect show reviews of the Yeah,Yeah,Yeahs, Menomena's visit to Chicago along with an interview with one of it's members Brent Knopf; as we discuss what the band's current plans are along with his side project, Ramona Falls. Please follow me down the rabbit hole, it'll be worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment